There are many reasons for your skin to become oily for e.g. hereditary, pregnancy, environment, food we eat and many others. Our body secretes oil to keep our body smooth and supple. It also avoids wrinkles which becomes a cause of worry for many.
– Measures to avoid Oily Skin
• Drink plenty of water at least 8-10 glasses per day.
• Avoid smoking.
• Have a healthy and balanced diet.
• Use baby powder to dab your face as it works better than many other products.
• You can rub oily areas with apple cider vinegar for a neutralizing effect.
• Use of hot water more often as it is a great solvent.
• To avoid oily skin apply fresh smashed tomatoes on your face.
• The first step of having an oil-free skin is to clean your face with gentle face wash to remove excess oil and dirt. Wipe your face with astringent lotion as it is a fat and grease solvent. The astringent should have acetone and should also be alcohol free. Later apply a watery moisturizer to keep your skin smooth. Remove excess moisturizer by dabbing a tissue over it.
• Blend 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal, 1 egg white, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1/2 cup mashed apple into a smooth paste. Apply this paste on your face for 15 minutes, later rinse it.
• You can apply mud packs or clay masks on your face which helps in soaking oil from the skin. This may provide a temporary relief as the long term effects is inconclusive.