When you think of a grapefruit diet, you may think that it’s a diet of only grapefruit. However this is far from the truth; you need to in fact eat various foods for the diet to succeed. Like any diet, you can lose weight while on the grapefruit diet if you follow healthy eating habits and follow a regular exercise program.
There are in fact some rules to follow for higher chances of success with the diet.
- You should follow the right food combinations. For example, a meal of bacon with salads helps burn fats. So if you omit one food group from your diet, you only end up sabotaging your diet.
- Like any other diet, water has a very important role in the success of the diet. You need to drink at least 64 ounces of water every day to lose weight.
- Those successful with the grapefruit diet promote being careful with your caffeine intake. You should take no more than a cup a meal as too much of caffeine can affect the body’s fat burning process and insulin balance.
- You actually have to eat right to lose weight with this diet. In fact, you need to double your vegetable and meat intake for each meal.
- Though you have to eat well, you shouldn’t cheat and eat between meals. With such a large variety of foods to choose from and eat, there shouldn’t actually be any reason for you to cheat during the diet!
- The specialty of the grapefruit diet is that you have to actually eat more to lose more weight. You just have to be careful to eat only the right foods, and avoid eating the wrong foods.